Monday, June 23, 2008

The rules keep changing!

So, I heard today from our adoption agency and home study agency that lots more paperwork is needed for our files all of a sudden. Great. Just when I thought it had really subsided! Apparently Immigration has decided to get picky over needing proof of all of your assets and liabilities that you claim. Why? I have no idea. I can understand the Chinese government asking for proof of these things, because they want to make sure they are sending a child into an environment that can appropriately care for them from a financial standpoint. But why on earth does US Immigration want to know about this stuff? It's frustrating. One minute you think you know the plan and the rules to play by, but as I am quickly learning in this adoption game, the rules never stay constant for long. So tonight, as I attempt to backtrack through piles of account statements, mortgages, insurance, loans, credit cards, car values, IRA's and retirement plans, I am trying to remember this: regardless of what happens to speed up or slow down this process, regardless of the number of times the rules change, regardless of how frustrated I get by the paperwork and red tape, there is already a little girl picked out for our family. And even though she hasn't even been born yet, the timing of every step of this process is perfect for her to come into our family. If the timing changes, we might miss her....so this too, is for a purpose. I am trying to remember that!

".....pray that you will be strengthened with all His glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need." Colossians 1:11

The WONDERFUL good news: none of this stuff has to be notarized!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment