Sunday, March 25, 2012

In Guangzhou!

We have arrived!!!

This morning we were up and at 'em super early to head to the airport and catch our flight to Guangzhou. Just like our last trip, the hotel made us a "boxed" breakfast to take with us....and again, it included a strange sandwich, cookies and a salad. Fortunately, there were bananas and water as well. ;)

After we picked up our luggage, we were supposed to have a driver waiting on us to take us to our hotel. Well, guess what? No driver. Not cool. But finally he showed up after waiting for a little while, and let's just say he tried to make up for lost time on the road. Whew!

Our hotel is AWESOME!!! We splurged for a suite this time around since Jonah would be with us too and along with that comes some perks that will be really helpful on the trip. I feel very thankful for this situation right now.

Our guide then came to our room to fill us in on some stuff and then she took us around the back of the hotel, which is basically just a local residential area. It was amazing. I didn't have my camera at the time, but we will definitely be heading back there to check things out again! I don't think Jonah was really able to wrap his head around what he was seeing...just being immersed in a real Chinese community for a while....well, I'm not sure it sank in. What an opportunity for him. I just hope it makes an impact in some way.

Anyway, today has been pretty low key, and there's not really much else to report. Tomorrow morning we're heading to the bank to exchange some money and then in the afternoon, we will head to the Civil Affairs office to get Jude!!!

For now, I think Rush is going to take Jonah to the pool. I still can not shake this horrible cold, so I may take a little nap. I am desperately hoping to feel better tomorrow!!!


4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pics! As I sitting here reading your post, Annie keeps saying, "Reagan back soon." She really loved having her here the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your girls today in Children's church... singing and dancing and holding hands!! Reagan was leading Rylie around, or maybe it was the other way?! But they were having a great time and look very happy! They came over to say hi to me when I took Levi in!
    Hope you feel better soon! Only a few hours left and I am impatiently waiting to see pictures and hear your story!!!
    Sending LOVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good chance to get some rest. Still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like everything is going smoothly!! Hope you can get rid of that nasty cold before tomorrow!! Get lots of rest! BTW, I just finished reading Hungar Games...and can't wait to see the movie!!!

    ReplyDelete