Sunday, May 25, 2008

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs.....

Recently it seems like I've been inundated with signs, namely scripture references, that have been confirming even more that this adoption path we're going down is the right thing for us. Just today in church, the week's scripture was....

Psalm 72:12- For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help.

On Mother's day, we sang the song "There are no Orphans in God." Very cool...

Anyway, I feel like they're just hitting me in the face without me even looking for them, so I'll share a few more.

*From my friend, Julie: Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your child from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

*Matthew 18:5 -And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.

*Ephesians 1:5 -He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will.

*Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future. (one of my favorites)


*and one more from Psalm 139 - My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

I love that! Even before we knew it, even before her birth, there's a little girl on the other side of the earth that has been meant to be our daughter. It's a pretty humbling thought. It reminded me of something I read recently. There's a passage from a book I've been reading called The Lost Daughters of China by Karin Evans. It's a great book...the author is an adoptive mother herself, with I believe 2 daughters from China. She shares some letters she wrote to her daughter as she was starting the adoption process the first time. In one of them she says:

When we get together, you and I, I won't really know what you've been through-who carried you and gave birth to you, what she first whispered to you, how long she held onto you before having to make a deep, sad decision. I am certain the loss of you will linger with her all of her days.... We humans tend to place much importance upon our own particular threads of genetic inheritance. The urge for family continuity and inherited ties is a fine desire, of course, but I know that just as much love and devotion is possible among strangers who choose each other.

I know it too......because I am already hooked. It's going to be a long wait. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment