Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hey Jude


I've gotten a lot of questions about Jude since we arrived home...so I figured it was high time I gave a little glimpse of my boy!

So without further ado, let me introduce you all to my favorite almost-2-year-old in the world!

To start with, he's pretty dang cute.


Obviously.

And his dimples are killer. I'm mush when he breaks them out.



He wakes up happy and is content all day. Really.

Unless you make him work for something. Or tell him no. Or put him to bed.

Then, very dramatically, he lets you know what he thinks of your decision.



But he gets over it quickly, unlike some other kids I know. ;)

He is very sensitive. Even the most gentle correction can bring on the crocodile tears....and quickly at that.

He has a little stubborn streak.

He points. At. Everything.

He is a great eater. But he drinks almost no milk and refuses juice.

He weighs 23 pounds. He is just barely on the growth chart for his age.



He has an infectious laugh.

He loves toys and our dog....2 things Rylie was terrified of when she came home. Whew!



Put him in his car seat, go on a drive, and he'll be out in about 2 minutes flat. Even if he just had a nap.

He is SO close to walking independently. In just the past week, we've noticed a lot of progress. He is standing more and taking 5-6 steps at a time. But usually, this is my view.



He just figured out how to climb stairs. Now, where is that baby gate???

He absolutely loves the tub....

...and peek-a-boo or any version of hide and seek.



He has a super expressive face.



He sleeps great...through the night without a peep!

He is very ticklish.

His siblings are his best source of laughter. And he gets right in the middle of the chaos.

In his first week home, I cannot imagine that he could have done any better. He is just so lovable and we are completely head over heels for him! He's been to 2 baseball games, 1 soccer game, church for the first time, and he happily sat through a 1.5 hour long trip to Wal-Mart. He's gotten 5 shots and 2 sticks for blood draws. He's met a slew of new people and endured a thousand dog kisses, awkward holding by siblings, new foods and cups, a strange language, and the entrapment of car seats. He's handled it all like a champ. The kid rules. I can't imagine him not being here now. And I absolutely cannot fathom why God chose to bless us so abundantly.



Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever!
1 Chronicles 16:34






6 comments:

  1. I am so glad Jude's first week home has been so great!!!! Can't wait to meet him!! and random question...why did it take 1.5 hours to get to walmart??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so beyond excited for you guys! What a blessing to have such an easy going little man!! :) He seriously cracks me up with those expressions. The furrowed brow is hilarious! How do you not bust up each time you see it? ;) We'll be out your way next Summer and I can't wait to see ALL your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this brought me to tears! SO, SO HAPPY for you guys and so thankful that God blessed Jude with such a wonderful family. I can hardly wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable, and blessed to be part of such a wonderful family. God's plans for us are always the best.

    ReplyDelete