Thursday, October 14, 2010

One of Those?

Yes...one of THOSE.

One of THOSE days.

I hate THOSE days. The ones that bring me to my knees wondering what the heck I am doing. Today, one arrived. And it was in full force.

It didn't rear it's ugly head right away, but eased in so I wouldn't notice it. They like to sneak up, you know.

The day started off normally enough, except for the fact that Rush picked up an overnight extra job, so he rolled in the door at 6:30 this morning after working all night. I got Jonah off to school and got Reagan ready for preschool. I even took a shower in anticipation of a dental appointment in the afternoon. Not bad! I fed Rylie in a mad rush to get out the door to preschool and dropped Reagan off. It was raining today, so any and all attempts to make my hair look presentable went out the window as soon as I went outside (see, it's starting).

I came home and tried to figure out how to tackle dealing with Rylie's constant need to be held and "protected" from our dog, entertain her, keep her quiet enough for Rush to sleep, clean up the house, and sort through the girls' clothes which are currently burying their bedroom. I was able to do a little bit here and there, but Rylie was really needy today, so the pulling, running into things, screaming mess that she was this morning complicated my plan (you would think that I would know not to have a plan by now, being that this is my 3rd almost-2-year old). Anyway, long story short, I ended up getting Reagan home from preschool. We walked in the door, Rylie was screaming about something, Reagan made a mess I won't mention any further (I think you can infer where it goes from there), I cleaned her up real quick and frantically tried to find my toothbrush and toothpaste to get a quick brush in before heading to the dentist. I grab my toothpaste and an entire shelf in the bathroom collapses sending personal items everywhere in the bathroom. By this point, I am a raving lunatic (did I mention Rush was late getting home from a run, which is making me more crazy, as I hate being late/rushed anywhere!), I throw my toothpaste in frustration, my bracelet I am wearing flies off and smashes sending beads screaming through the bathroom to join the already present disaster on the floor. Seriously?? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, I brush my teeth, sit Rylie on the couch away from the dog, scoot a pants-less Reagan out of the way and go sit in the car, in the rain, in the driveway and wait for Rush to get home so I can leave...to go to the dentist. (Don't worry, I could totally see them from the car...don't go call CPS on me! Believe me, it was better for them that Mommy went outside for a bit.)

You know it's bad when your reprieve from your day is going to the dentist.

It's a good thing I didn't have a cavity.

I am happy to say that the day got better from there. Our friend, Carlos, came over this afternoon. He is moving on Saturday.....to Bogata, Colombia, so we certainly won't see him for a while. We had a great time visiting, which certainly turned my day around.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Jen! That sucks. I had to chuckle..not because it was funny but because we've ALL been there. Broken beads, pantsless kids, and all. :) Praying tomorrow is better. it has to be right? :) It's days like that I start to count my blessings. It's the only thing that keeps me sane. And sometimes I cry. :D Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather....yes, I cried on the way to the dentist. Pitiful, I know. I can laugh today. Yesterday, I wanted to go to a deserted island for a very long time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Heather's comment.

    By the way, that is just about the only situation in which it could possibly be a reprieve to the go the dentist!!

    Glad you guys got to see Carlos before he left, too.

    ReplyDelete