Monday, September 5, 2011

2nd


Today, my man starts second grade.


Second. Grade.

Yikes.

I used to hear other moms talk about their second graders. And I thought they had "big" kids.

Now, I have a "big" kid.


When the heck did that happen?

I really feel like Jonah should still be 3. And stay that way....forever.

But alas....he keeps growing.

Despite my earnest pleading.


He's an amazing kid.

Rush and I laugh at the thought of just having him as our only child....he's so easy. If he was our only child, I think we could barely call ourselves parents.

He doesn't rock the boat too much.

Responsible. Compassionate. Happy. Helpful.

The kid's a gem.

I am so proud of the person he is becoming. So proud of his heart, his choices. The big brother he is. The way he devours books and learning. His insight. His concern for others.


His joy. He has the best laugh I've ever heard. You can't help but laugh along if you hear it.


I'm not sure how I got so lucky to be his mama.


And I can't wait to ride along on his 2nd grade train and see who gets off at the end.


Whoever it is, I'm pretty sure I'll be crazy about him.


Good luck in 2nd grade, my Jonah! How I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Second grade already?!! wow! I still remember his kindergarten girlfriends :) I hope he had a great first day!!

    ReplyDelete