Thursday, August 19, 2010

Article 5?!?!

Well....I wish I could definitively say it, but I can't. So, I'll whisper it....

I THINK WE ARE WAITING ON TRAVEL APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!! Shhhhhhh.......

Supposedly, our Article 5, aka the last adoption approval we needed on the US side of things, was picked up and sent off to Beijing on August 12. We were told by more than one entity that was the day it was set to happen. But, we were never notified it was actually done. Sigh....

I am trusting it actually happened, and thus am excited and anxiously waiting on getting our Travel Approval from China. Once we get that, we just have to be fit into an appointment at the US Consulate before we can make our travel arrangements!!!! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This could be tricky though. With everything going on in China in October, as I've discussed before, it could be difficult to get an appointment in September. However, it's not out of the question. Tricky....but not impossible.

The time frame from Article 5 to TA has been running about 2-3 weeks. IF we are on the lower end of that, AND we can get a consulate appointment, it could happen! Which means that a month from today, we might meet our daughter!!!!!!!!! I have goosebumps just thinking of the possibility!

Yes, our agency sent us an email that told us to "emotionally prepare for November travel." I know, I know. I shouldn't get my hopes up. I can't help it. I KNOW it's a possibility that we could make it before then, so I am choosing to believe it will happen! That, and sending up lots of desperate prayers! Oh, and I emailed both of our Senators. Can't hurt!

Hang on sweet Rylie....we're trying to come get you!

1 comment: