Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Gradulation" Congratulations!

I remember something people said to me a lot when I was pregnant with Jonah and when he was a baby. I heard these things often, and scoffed just as often. They were common, cliched phrases that just seemed like "small talk" things to say. And they drove me crazy every time I heard them.

"Enjoy every minute, it goes by too fast."
"They grow up so quickly."
"Before you know it, he'll be in kindergarten."
etc., etc.

Yeah, well, they were right. And now, I get it. Time goes into hyper-drive when you have kids. Then when you have 2, it just gets down right ridiculous. I was in no way prepared for it! Sometimes the days drag on, but boy do the years fly by.

Tonight, my baby "graduated" from preschool. He starts Kindergarten in the fall, and I have no idea how we got here! He's excited, I'm......excited. Honestly, I am. It's a little bittersweet, but knowing he's ready, and looking forward to it, makes it much easier. I don't know what I'll say come September when that big yellow bus comes down the road with my little man waiting to hop on....but hopefully, I won't be standing in a puddle of tears!

Anyway, unbelievably, Jonah had his "gradulation" tonight as he called it, and I couldn't be more proud. I love this kid!





1 comment:

  1. What a handsome little guy! Kindergarten is such a milestone, but I have loved this "stage" even more. Just wait till you have 3...you think time flies now? :D You have done such a fantastic job preparing Jonah for Kindergarten. You will enjoy seeing the fruits of your labor come fall! :D

    ReplyDelete