Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The count down is on....

Having kids is a constant transition from one stage to another. When they're tiny, it seems like as soon as you master one stage and schedule, it's time to move on to another, thanks to their rapid growth and development. First you get the feeding schedule down, then change it up to add in solid foods. You figure out how to contain them crawling, and then they start to walk. For a long time, even though I tried not to, I was impatient to move from one stage to the next.

I can't wait til Jonah can sit up.
I can't wait til Jonah can walk.
I can't wait til Jonah starts to talk.
I can't wait until I don't have to lug everything plus the kitchen sink with us everywhere.
I can't wait til Jonah can blah, blah, blah......

How I am wanting to take all those back now! We are less than 2 weeks away from Jonah starting kindergarten, and I am NOT wanting this stage to start. On one hand, he is beyond excited, which makes it so much easier on me to let him go. However, I am really going to miss the little guy! I hate the thought of him being gone every day...no more lounging around if we want, going fun places at the drop of a hat, watching him play with and teach Reagan. I know it's just Kindergarten, but I know that quickly, "just Kindergarten" will become, 3rd grade, and 8th grade, and on and on. I guess I am still in denial that we are to this point.

I really am excited to watch him grow and learn this year. He's excited to eat lunch at school. I guess we'll just have to both appreciate the little things.

1 comment:

  1. Can I copy this post and put it on my blog b/c I feel the exact same way! Davis is so excited to go and I am realizing that I will no longer have him around...so sad...I swear I am following the school bus(which he insist on riding) for the first week!

    ReplyDelete